Dead Father Dream Meaning is associated with our conscience. The dead father in your dream could also be in reality, any member of your family who is the major support and security system (emotional) of the family. The one who reflects similar characteristics like guidance, judgement, authority, punishments or if we don’t take the words literally, we can call him the ‘Rulebook of our life’.
The Dead Father Dream Interpretation reflects two scenarios; the dream applies to both, whether he is alive in reality or dead. A dead father dream represents the feelings of your loss, memories and your need for guidance or maybe some unresolved feelings. Read in the coming sections more about Dead Father Dream Interpretation and Dead Father Dream Meaning.
What does it mean to dream of your dead father?
Dreaming about your dead father may also relate to his memories in your subconscious mind. The pain and that ‘missed’ feeling of someone by your side to tell you what’s right and wrong? The dream also represents your self-doubt or fear of being independent and standing out for your decisions.
There are some more meanings and interpretations to the dream:
- If you see your dead father smiling in your dream, then it is a sign that you are following his teachings.
- If you see your dead father annoyed or worried then it is a sign of guilt, your subconscious mind is reminding you of your dilemma or confusion about a certain decision or situation, which you know your father would have never approved of.
- Dreaming about arguing with your dead father means that you may not be sharing a very comforting relationship with him in real life. Alternatively, dreaming of your dead father, where he is advising you, means that you are emotionally very dependent on him and you always look up to his opinions. The dream may also imply that in real life you either hesitate or you are scared of asking him about his opinions.
The Symbolism of a Dream of Dead Father
Symbolically the dream is based on many interpretations, like
- If in reality your father is not alive and if in your dream you are talking to him, then it symbolizes happiness, well-being and contentment and if your father is alive, then it is a clear sign to sort out things between you and him or someone who is a fatherly figure to you in your family before things are beyond repair.
- If your father dies in your dream then it symbolizes pain, your subconscious mind is suggesting that irrespective of what has happened in the past between you two, it’s time to break the silence and solve the grudges.
- And if your father is alive and you see him dead then it symbolizes your concern, the dream also symbolizes your fear of your parents or someone as authoritative in the family. Some adaptation to the dream also suggests that such dream is a symbol of upcoming success and a happy life.
- Seeing your father dead in your dream and you are not believing it is a symbol of happiness and good luck.
What should I do? May I need to worry?
Seeing your father dead in your dream especially when he is alive and doing well, surely is disturbing, but seeing him dead in dream doesn’t really mean that something bad is going to happen to him. As a matter of fact, in many countries, the dream is interpreted as a sign of prolonged life.
Such dreams are mostly the representation of our fear and insecurities; we need someone by our side all the time in time of need. But our ego, disrespectful nature or maybe stubborn attitude just refuse to accept it and as a consequence we feel lonely and suffer.
Your subconscious mind reminds you through your dream that you need to work on yourself, get the clarity of things and people, solve your disagreements and understand what is right for you.
What does it mean when you dream about a dead parent?
Dreaming of a deceased father suggests that there may be unresolved issues concerning him that are impacting you. It’s possible that something he said or did hurt you, and you were never able to resolve the matter with him. This dream may symbolize unexpressed emotions or hidden feelings towards your father that need to be acknowledged and addressed.